"Quinoa and Coconut Flour Pizza Crust"
1/2 cup Quinoa flakes
1/4 cup +2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons of water
2/3 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tablespoons olive oil
2/3 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano and basil, crushed between fingers
2 cloves minced fresh garlic
2 heaping tablespoons shredded Parmesan
1/4 cup shredded 2% mozzarella
Pizza sauce, homemade or store bought
Shredded or fresh Mozzarella
Any other toppings you enjoy (I did prosciutto and pineapple with fresh basil)
1. Place a pizza stone in the oven, or baking sheet if you don't have a pizza stone. Preheat oven to 450 degrees....
2. On a cutting board, place a large piece of parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking oil...
3. Dump quinoa flakes and coconut flour into a bowl. Now add Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 2/3 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (crush up the leaves even more between your fingers before adding), 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (crush up the leaves even more between your fingers before adding), 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt), minced fresh garlic, baking soda, baking powder and a dash of red pepper if you want....
4. Now add your egg and mix away. Hands tend to work best, I'll wear those throw away gloves sometimes so as to be able too have clean hands again when needed...
5. Once mixed together, use your hands to form the dough into a crust on your oiled parchment paper. Pat it down thoroughly, you want it nice and tightly formed together. Don't make it too thick or thin either. (I used the outer ring of a spring-form pan to ensure a nice circular crust...)
6. Using a cutting board slide the parchment paper onto your hot pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 7-10 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven... (Just eye the crust the last few minutes to ensure you don't under or over cook it)
7. Add however much sauce, cheese, and toppings you want. I'm not gonna give you measurements for this. You should know how you like your pizza - this is your personal taste that matters...!
8. Slide parchment with topped pizza back in the hot oven and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly golden....
9. Test your patience and allow it to cool for a minute or two. Probably closer to two. Then using a pizza cutter and a spatula serve up your delicious gluten-free quinoa coconut flour crust pizza!
(It makes a big difference oiling the parchment paper before forming the crust on it and using a pizza stone in the oven)
(You'll want to have the oven pre-heated well ahead to allow the stone to be heated completely)