It's been a very busy couple of months here at "Definitely Delish"
Not only has it been fourteen hour work days at my regular job, the travel company business, seeing my beautiful goddaughter as much as possible and birthdays..
I've also been working in the little off time I have on creating a surprise for my sweetheart at home—an outdoor spa oasis with hot tub, hanging lights, lanterns and statues..
This took quite a bit of my little free time I had left, but the finished results looks great and I'm happy with it..
That's not to say I haven't on occasion been cooking but it's mostly just been dishes I've done a whole lot of times before or have already blogged about, so it wouldn't do to repeat..
Now I've decided to get to you a new, long overdue recipe—an that is this delish dish..
A yummy, flavorful helping of "Linguine in White Clam Sauce" but with a kick—a extra dose of taste has been added with the addition of pepperoni and sun-dried tomatoes to the mix..
So sit back, enjoy and try it for yourself—because I think you'll find it is oh so "Definitely Delish"
"Kicked Up Linguine" with "White Clam Sauce"
1 pound linguine (I used GK-Skinny Pasta)
1/2 cup Olive Oil plus 1 tablespoon
1 tablespoon Butter
6 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
3/4 cup dry White Wine
2-3 tablespoons dry Sherry
18 Littleneck or Chowder Clams
1/4 cup Clam Juice
1/4 cup of Chicken Bone Broth
Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
1 tablespoon fresh Thyme
1/4 to 1/2 a cup Sun-dried Tomatoes in Oil (depending on personal taste)
1 small Zuchinni, matchstick cut with mandolin (or use big side of cheese grater for larger matchstick pieces)
2 ounces (or less) of sliced Pepperoni, cut into quarter wedges
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian, flat leafed Parsley (plus extra for garnish)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta, following the package instructions, until al dente..
2. Meanwhile, warm 1/2 cup of the olive oil, and tablespoon of butter, in a high-sided saucepan (big enough for your clams to rest in a single layer) set over medium-high heat..
3. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes, until golden (Be careful not to burn)
4. Add the wine and sherry allowing it to cook away slightly, about 1 minute..
5. Add the clams, clam juice and chicken bone broth—an then season with sea salt and black pepper..
6. Add fresh thyme leaves and half the parsley—then cover pot and cook until the clams open. About 5 minutes..
7. Add drained sun-dried tomatoes (more or less depending on personal taste), pepperoni and zuchinni. Reduce heat to medium and stir to combine..
8. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining parsley..
9. Drain the pasta (reserving a 1/2 cup of cooking liquid) and toss in a serving bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil—adding reserved cooking liquid if needed..
10. Distribute the pasta evenly among six pasta bowls. Top each with equal portions of the sauce, and serve immediately garnished with parsley..
1. You can also toss the sauce with the pasta before distributing it to your pasta bowls..
2. Goes well with a nice light white wine, a Sauvignon Blanc or Chateu St. Michelle Reisling is nice..
3. Serve with Sesame Semolina Italian bread with butter..
4. You can also remove some of the clams from their shells, lightly chopping them and tossing with the sauce before serving..